Are you ready for what promises to be another awesome partnership with Legion M!? It was announced that Legion M and Chicken Soup for the Soul Entertainment would be partnering to jointly source, develop, and produce community driven original content that not only embraces entertainment fans but also gives them a chance to potentially invest and receive equity in the projects. CSS Entertainment is already growing a network of successful VOD channels.
In addition to “Chicken Soup for the Soul’s Being Dad” on Netflix, CSS Entertainment has “Vacation Rental Potential,” “Chicken Soup for the Soul’s Hidden Heroes,” and “Going from Broke” in production! Moving forward, Legion M and CSS Entertainment will develop these projects jointly:
· “POSITV” – A weekly collection of inspirational, uplifting and positive news, stories and real life moments that are submitted by individuals from around the world, curated by the Legion M community.
· “Comedy Royale” – A next generation sketch comedy show where online viewers play the role of a production executive as up-and-coming creators, actors, comics and comedy troupes compete for cash, prizes and the opportunity to break into the industry.
· “Up$ide” – At-home viewers become venture capitalists as entrepreneurs pitch their business ideas on live television. The audience selects which companies they’ll invest in, receiving equity in return.
· “New York Rock Exchange” – Solo acts and bands perform on a weekly TV series that puts the audience in a record label’s executive seat. Participants compete for financial backing to fulfill their rock star dreams while viewers invest in their favorite act and receive equity in the winner’s first studio album and/or tour.
· “Legion M” – Creators, directors and dreamers pitch their TV or film concepts to an TV audience who “green light” their favorite projects by investing in their productions. The newly minted fan-producers receive equity once a project reaches its minimum funding goals.
“Partnering with CSS Entertainment comes at an exciting time for Legion M. Our fourth round of equity crowdfunding is currently open, and we’re building on the momentum of two recent projects that have received unbelievable attention: MANDY, which had a very successful theatrical release this fall, and our recently announced comic book and feature film project GIRL WITH NO NAME” said Jeff Annison, cofounder and president of Legion M. “We’re thrilled to be working with CSS Entertainment, and adding uplifting, community-driven series to our growing slate of projects.”
“We are excited to be working with an innovator like Legion M,” said Elana Sofko, COO of CSS Entertainment. “It’s a great time to take advantage of the changes in the entertainment industry and foster direct relationships with fans in an engaging way. We look forward to working with Legion M on Screen Media theatrical releases as well as developing and delivering great television series.”
Remember, you can join Legion M WITHOUT investing. This will give you the opportunity to participate in the “members only” forum, and possibly give some input into future projects! It’s definitely a fun group of people to watch grow, as well as the company!! This is exciting news for both companies, and we hope that it ends up being a great partnership!